TRACTOR Food and Farms
Full Time / Salaried
Reports to: General Manager
- Manage day to day operations of the warehouse including processing incoming/outgoing inventory, supervising drivers, maintaining safety SOPs, communicating with growers to promote a trustful working relationship and communicating with the sales team.
- Create, maintain, monitor and communicate crop production plan to the growers and sales team.
- Maintain inventory accuracy/quality/movement (i.e. FIFO)
- Manage purchase orders and incoming inventories.
- Production planning.
- Continuously improve distribution efficiencies
- Manage Warehouse Staff
- Coordinate volunteers for CSA assembly
- Office/Facility management including box inventory, facility supplies and shared use equipment
- Website updates and management
Duties to include:
- Maintaining accurate product physical and electronic inventory
- QC incoming inventory
- Monitor inventory to maximize sales/minimize shrinkage
- Communicate quality standards and Purchase Orders to Growers
- Communicate with Growers on incoming/upcoming inventory
- Maintain accurate forecast boards with upcoming items
- Put together “Gotta Go List” and communicate quality issues to sales team
- Maintain accurate materials inventory and order when necessary
- Route drivers
- Manage the office and responsible for accurate inventory of warehouse supplies, office supplies, and box inventory.
- Coordinate Volunteers for CSA bag assembly
- Manage shared use equipment rental and box sales
- Website management
- Accept/Reject incoming deliveries.
- Guide crop production with the growers
- Make changes in SOPs
- Purchase warehouse equipment <$100
Self- directed with attention to detail; proficiency with inventory system, good rapport with the producers, able to make quick decisions in fast paced environment; effective verbal and written communication. Excellent computer skills and proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and WordPress. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
- Drivers/Warehouse Managers
- Work Environment
- The job operates in a warehouse environment including coolers/freezers that require dressing warmly.
- This role routinely uses warehouse equipment including fork lifts and pallet jacks.
- This role uses technology equipment such as computers.
- Additionally, this position works within the community to attend events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Day trips / Potential overnight for conferences.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors or Equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in warehouse management
- Experience in restaurant/produce industry
- Experience in farming
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Clean driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be required in the job as requested by the Supervisor.
Please send resume and cover letter with subject: TRACTOR Operations Manager Position to email@example.com If you have questions, please call 828-536-0126